Monday, February 28, 2005

The G.O.A.T.s

I don't know if Earl Manigault started the whole "GOAT" stands for Greatest of All Time thing because his nickname was The Goat, or it is vice versa, or they two things have nothing to do with each other, but I always associate them together. So this list is in your honor, Earl.

This list recognizes, simply, the Greatest of All Time. Doesn't matter what the category is; the more creative the better.

Some categories are easy: reciever, for example. No one has ever done it better than my man Jerry Rice. Others are a little more difficult, like quarterback. I'm in the Montana camp: I say the rings speak for themselves; but if you are on the Marina bandwagon, I can see that argument, too.

Let's get a little more creative, though: What's the greatest catch ever? I say Gary Matthews Jr. scaling the wall. How 'bout the greatest cover of all time? Chris Duhon's meaningless three from three-quarters court to cover the spread but still lose the game against UConn had my boy sitting in an empty bathtub for hours with his hands covering his face - that's the GOAT in my book.

So what else is there? You come up with the category and the GOAT. Just make sure you give a decent reason why, and I will get it up on the sidebar. As of right now, it is the shortest list up there. Let's do something about that, shall we?

1 comments so far. Might as well add your own.:

Anonymous said...

http://point23.virtuart.org/