Monday, February 28, 2005

Free Passes

Listen: I don't know how to describe what The Free Pass List is.

Originally, it was supposed to be a list of people who were so cool that they could screw up and get a "free pass" for it. But then I realized I sounded like a sixth grade girl saying "you're so cool!" No good.

Then I thought a Point 23 Hall of Fame would be a good idea. But you have to do something pretty frickin' crazy to get into a Hall of Fame, and you have to do it for a pretty long time. Plus, you need like a committee and stuff, so that's out.

It was "The Cool Lunch" Table for a while, but then I remembered what my man Roy Williams had to say about being cool: ""I despise cool. I've never seen one frickin' person who was cool who I liked." Preach, Roy, preach.

Really, I don't know how to say this without sounding like an 11-year-old girl talking about a boy band, so here goes. The Free Pass List is just people - athletes, coaches, media members, entertainers, whatever - that are cool. There, I said it. Stop giggling.

Point 23 Approved? Friends of Point 23? You tell me. Really, I am open to suggestions. I'm kinda hoping it turns into one of those things that people will have forgotten what it actually means, but just say it because that's how they've always said it, like "shut up." If you think about it, that really doesn't make sense, and the first time someone said it, the other person probably did not stop talking, probably because they had to ask what "shut up" actually means. But now people say it all the time. I forget what I was talking about.

If you still don't know what I am talking about, and there is a very good chance you don't, scroll down the sidebars. Just look through the people already on there and hopefully you'll get a feel for what I am going for here. Then start submitting. The list is woefully out of date and there are tons of worthy folks out there who aren't on there just because I couldn't remember them, and I bet they feel pretty bad about it. So let's get 'em on there.

Sound good? Alright then, let's get to work. If you want to nominate someone, post it here and I'll make sure it finds its way onto the sidebar. Promise.

Oh yea: LeBron James, Jerry Rice and/or anyone associated with UNC Hoops is a given. Just so you know.

0 comments so far. Might as well add your own.: